Maslenitsa: Lemon Coconut Flour PancakesPosted: March 11, 2013
These pancakes surprised us. The recipe looked kind of boring but I wanted to try a coconut flour based pancake. I added lemon extract and I think that is what really made these. These pancakes are just screaming for blueberries. I think there will be a lemon blueberry pancake recipe in our future. Blueberries are hard to find and outrageously expensive here so I really need to prioritize how I am going to use them.
Adapted from She Cooks, He Cleans
1c. full fat coconut milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 T. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. lemon extract
1/2 c. coconut flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
butter or ghee for frying
1. In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk, vanilla, lemon extract, and maple syrup until frothy.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
3. Stir the wet mixture into the dry; mix well. You can’t over beat it. The batter will be thick.
4. Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
5. Preheat a pan over medium heat. Add butter or coconut oil, if needed. Pour 1/8 cup of batter (or 1/4 cup if you want larger pancakes) onto the pan.. Cook for 2-3 minutes on the first side and 1-2 on the second side.
6. Top with butter.
*If your looking for a quality lemon extract I recommend Simply Organic’s.